You will learn how to:
- Check/change your fluids and filter
- Remove and read your spark plugs
- Access and clean or replace your air filter
- Check/change brake pads
- Check tire tread
- Make any adjustments needed for a better fit and ride
- Perform basic roadside maintenance
- Perform pre-season or post season motorcycle prep
You will learn how, why, and when to properly use:
- Torque wrench
- Socket set
- 12v. Battery charger
- Tire gauge
- Motorcycle lift and motorcycle jack
- Your manual
This is a class for beginners or those new to working on their motorcycle.
We will learn the basics of how a motorcycle works and then apply that knowledge to working on your motorcycle. We will also learn about the tools used for each process. Each student will have the opportunity to apply this knowledge to their own motorcycle during the class with the aid of a certified mechanic. Students may use the lifts and tools available at the community garage to change their oil, bleed their brakes, etc. All parts such as oil, fluids, filters, gaskets, brake pads, etc. are available at a 25% discount to each student with an advance order, otherwise, you may bring your own.
COST: $65 / $25 for EnF Community Garage member
TIME: 3 hours
CLASS SIZE: 6
PARTS: bring your manual, your motorcycle, and any parts you want to change, or pre-order parts from us at a 25% discount off the regular retail price.
INSTRUCTORS: Laurie Lone Crow, Cory Manning